Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Turbo Jam Rocks! (..Did My First Pull Up Ever)

If was one of my goals to be able to do a pull up. Back in school when we had physical fitness testing they would always have us do pull ups as one of the tests and I never could.

Recently I had decided to make it one of my fitness goals to be able to do at least 1 pull up. My little brother installed a pull up bar in his doorway to his room so a couple of times when I had been to my moms house I would try to do a pull up but I couldn't do it and I couldn't even get very far up either though I could jump up.

I was inspired by an infomercial for Brazillian Butt Lift another Beachbody product. I have been using Turbo Jam by Chalene Johnson. The Turbo Jam is the first program I tried before joining the gym to get started loosing weight because as I have said on other blogs in my story I had gone from about 135 or so after high school to 175 and had seen my friends personal trainner and been told I needed to loose some of my body fat percentage because I was up to about 40% body fat.

I have actually been using the Turbo Jam videos a lot more lately and was inspired after I had been looking on the Beachbody site and was looking at the one she created called Chalean Extreme and it mentioned something about her showing you how to start adding more and more weight and how to shed the body fat and that day I decided that I would start to do the Turbo Sculpt workout in my Turbo Jam series that I have but I was going to increase my weights. I usually use 5lbs so I decided to do 10lbs instead. The first time I did the workout I was able to get through maybe half and had to switch back to the 5 lbs but there were a few that I did near the end where I used the 10lbs again.  The next day I had a rest day and the following day I was only able to do 10 mins of the workout before having to get ready for work. The next day was actually today a rest day.

Today is when I went to my Mom's house to visit and talk as I like doing when I need to get some help with problems. So I while I was there my mom actually was working out on the treadmill and using my lil bros weights and doing a little bit of working out and so I did some pushups with her as well and then my lil bro challenged me to do 25 and I was already tired out from doing a set of 10 and the other set of 10 only on my knees. So I was only able to do 20 instead of 25 then I stopped. It was only a few minutes after this I went to the bar in his bedroom door way and put my hands on the bar and all the way up I went I was so totally amazed I actually screamed out pretty loudly!

After the first I did 2 more but to do 3 pull ups was an absolute miracle for me. I even tried to do some chin ups and did manage 1 and a half and by that time I was increadibly tired out.

I absolutely love the Turbo Jam workouts and I look forward to buying more of them. I really want to get the ball workouts and I want that one that didn't come with my package that is geared more toward the butt. Of course I have also changed the way I eat as well but with the package I bought there are some tips for healthy eating and the one I got included the 10 day start plan and I actually did follow it and that is what got me started on the right track to making healthier choices in my diet.

I have been working online to build up my online business and I am learning about online marketing and one of the main ways to make money is affiliate marketing so I joined the Amazon Assocites program because I love these particular products so much and I wanted to share them with others and make a bit of extra money so.

So I highly recommened any of the Turbo Jam workout DVD's and I have my favorite picks in the awesome widget below this...

No comments: