Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ponderings...Books, a look into my imagination

I seem to have an opinion about everything. I have been doing a lot of reading lately of books in the metaphysical category. Ok I know that first sentence really has nothing to do with the next but I just wanted to start somewhere and that was the first thing that was in my head. The fact of the matter is that I love to read and I love to write. I am so drawn to the bookstore. I just can't help wondering if I am trying to unconsciously guide myself to becoming an author. When I walk through the book store I am just so amazed at all the books that have been written. I love books because you can use them to increase your knowledge. Some books are written to teach you things. Books are also written for the pure pleasure of reading entertaining stories. The stories written can take you to other times and places. They can transport you to worlds with limitless possibilities. There are no limits but those of the authors imagination. In the world of imagination anything is possible. I was sitting in the bookstore aisle reading a book having to do with the metaphysical stuff and I happened to hear some guy talking to someone about how with books that are made into movies usually the book was better or so he thought up until the Jarassic Park movie in 1994 and how real and life like and close to the book it was. I actually didn't read the book but I do remember the movie. Most of the time books are better because more is possible when writing because it makes the reader use their imagination and things that are not possible or at least don't seem to be possible in real life and sometimes hard to create in the movies can be written and described. I have had lots of experiences where the book is better than the movie. I can name a few of them where I liked the book better and those include; Where the heart is, the one with Glenn Close and Ann Hathaway and Im totally blocking on the name right now...after locating the book, The devil wears prada, that is all I can think of right now cus it's starting to get late. But in my opinion the Harry Potter movies were very true to the book. The movie Star Dust was a little different from the book but I really enjoyed the movie just as well as I enjoyed the book. Even though the movie made some changes I thought they were good changes and it did not mess it up for me. I also liked the Nanny Diaries. I enjoyed the book and I enjoyed the movie cus Alicia Keys is in it. I actually thought they did a good job with the Nanny Diaries because there where several parts that were done perfectly. I just recently finished the Secret life of Bees and I can't wait to see the movie. I want to write great stories that will transport readers to other worlds and different times and places. I love fantasy. I love wizards, faries, unicorns, dragons, elfs. pixies, and other magical creatures. I also love disney fairytales. I also love the disney princesses. I was just thinking that the Wicked stage play was as good as the book Wicked.

♥Jen♥

No comments: