Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Recent Employment History

Right around the time I was going to graduate the Art Institute for Multimedia and Web Design I was looking for a job. I found one from one of the leads that I received from my career councilor. I had an interview which went well and then was first given an internship for a week after which they decided to employ me. I worked there for about a month but was let go because I was told that a customer had made a complaint about something I said or did on the phone. I was trying my very hardest to be as helpful as I could and give customers the correct information so I have no idea who complained or why and he never told me who it was and I would have liked to know so I wouldn't make that same kind of mistake in the future. To this day I still do not really know. While I was working there I got a call from a lady I had sent my resume too and she needed some help with some website stuff that was easy but time consuming so I came to her place on the weekend to help her out and she paid me $125 for helping her. She also told me if the job didn't work out for me she had something I might be interested in doing. When they let me go I gave her a call and came over and she showed me how to create training tutorials on DVD for computer programs like Adobe Photoshop and other programs. I continued on with her until June 15, 2007 when I found a job that would pay me as an employee because working for her I was doing contract work and getting paid based on projects. I enjoyed the work and the hours were good for me. It was at a company called Sync Cast who was actually bought by Technicolor. I was a quality assurance technician. I watched media content to make sure it was good quality before it was put up for public consumption. I was really having fun but about a month into it before I got my benefits they told me that they felt I would better serve as a contractor and they gave me my last paycheck. I was sad to go cus I really liked the job and the pay was good and I was about to get really good benefits too. Now I took up an offer from my former boss the lady I worked for before I was hired at Sync Cast. I am going to work for her for three weeks till I leave for my vacation to North Carolina and when I get back I will continue to search for the perfect job. Also while searching I thought I found something but it turned out to be a scam when I did some online research about the company president. I know the perfect job is out there for me I guess I just haven't found it yet.

Because I originally wrote this as a post on Sunday August 5th 2007 I have more to add to my employment history since that time.

In September 2007 I was hired at Kohls. I may have even wrote a short post about it. I was hired on the adset team and I worked mostly nights. The hours being from 6 or 7pm till 2am. I also started getting as many extra hours as I could working on the floor doing recovery and price changes. In July Stacy came to me with an offer of full time work 40 hours a week $8/hour. So I told KOHLS that I was going to cut back my hours but that I still wanted to keep my job with them. I worked it out with Stacy so that I would have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to work at KOHLS. When I cut my hours back they told me that they no longer had a postion for me. I did not really want to quit but in some way they kinda fired me because I wasn't available to work as many hours as they needed me for. So I did start working for Stacy full time. Eventually she ran out of money and went way too crazy for me to continue working for her and I had to start looking for a new job. I have been helping out my Step dad 1 or 2 days a week for the past few weeks now just to make a little bit of money. And right now I am still searching for the perfect job!

♥Jen♥

No comments: